Monday, April 12, 2010

Welcome to my Party!

Ultimate Blog Party 2010

Hello to everyone, and welcome to my Party! I joined in on this last year, and it was a blast!

I guess I should start by introducing myself.

Hi! My name is Sabrina. I am the mother of an 18month old little girl (we refer to her as Baby M), and the wife of a wonderful man... I'm a farmer's wife! And at 8 1/2 months pregnant, I seem to really suit the role (ha ha)! I'm due at the end of the month, and looking forward to welcoming another member of our family into the world!

I'm constantly on the move (having an 18 month old will do that to you... but that's not the only reason). I have far too many hobbies... and of course I have to do a little of everything. I love being a homemaker/stay-at-home-mom/housewife as it allows me to schedule into my day whatever I wish... besides all the cooking, cleaning, and farm bookwork (which I often do NOT wish to do). I am a part of Project 365, and have my own 101 in 1001 list (which I'm pleased to say is right on track!). I LOVE to do all things artsy... especially sewing, scrapbooking, and woodworking (and re-purposing old furniture). I also enjoy writing books and have self-published a couple. My latest accomplishment was finishing a quilt for our baby! It's waiting for his/her arrival! I've also started posting a weekly cleaning/organizing list, which includes housecleaning challenges for anyone wishing to join in (if there is a list maker's anonymous group out there somewhere, I think I need to join)! And I recently took a cake decorating course and have been having lots of fun with buttercream icing, cakes, cupcakes, and cookies (oh my!)! The only 'homemaking' thing that I don't do well is gardening. My thumbs just will NOT turn green! I wish to attempt again this year, but I'm not sure how willing I will be with a baby on one hip and a toddler on the other! :)

Some would call me insane. I would say they are probably right! But it helps me to know I'm doing something while waiting for this baby to come... I just can't sit still! I have MAJOR nesting ingrained in me somehow!

Anyway, that's just a little blurb on me. I'd love to include pics of my daughter (since that is what my 'camera' loves the most), but I'm a bit tired, so I'll let you look through my project 365 to see a whole slew of them... or her 18 month photos (I love those!).

There are so many awesome prizes at this party! I’d have to say that my top 3 pics would be:
usc61 – sleepywrap by SideTrackd
usc57 - shoes by Jamaise
usc9 - foldable baby changepad by Saffery moore

I also would love any of the following (they are sort of in order of preference):
usc 53 – What’s New Cupcake by HoosierHomemade
usc55 - digital scrapbook by Thrifty Jinxy
usc54 – tiger neckwarmer by KozyKids
usc6, usc10, usc34, usc60, usc4, usc63, usc64
Any of the gift cards (especially target, Etsy, and Amazon gift cards)
Any of the blog designs (intl3, 5, 8, 11, 14, 15, 16)

11 comments:

lace said...

Sorry to hear your thumbs aren't green. I love to garden (well I love to help out in the garden) but still have lots to learn.

Hoping they turn green soon.

Have fun partying.

CrystalsCozyKitchen said...

Stopping by from the UBP!! I'm a mom of a 13 month old son so I can understand your being on the go!

Jess said...

Thanks for stopping by my party! Its great to meet you ;)

Anonymous said...

Stopping by from UBP! I enjoyed learning about you and visiting your site. I like your cleaning list.

aimymichelle said...

hey passing through on the UBP also a new folower hope you check out my blog

Jana @sidetrackd said...

Wow, you are a busy lady! Your daughter is precious, and congrats on the upcoming birth of baby #2. Thanks for stopping by Sidetrack'd. I'll be back to visit

pippasmum said...

Hello!
I'm just stopping by from the UBP. I love your idea of the weekly list - I am 7 months pregnant with our second child and will be finishing up work soon. Having a plan for what I want/need to do is a great idea.
Best of luck with the new arrival!

Muthering Heights said...

Hi there! I came by from the UBP.

Your blog is lovely!! :)

Unknown said...

You are quite a busy mama! Congrats on baby #2. I'll be back to explore & get to know you.

And, thanks for visiting my blog too!

Pamela M. Kramer - A Renaissance Woman said...

Hey Winner!
You need these numbers to complete the prize form on the prize page - http://www.5minutesformom.com/ultimate-blog-party-2010-prizes/

USC 61
1045 sab

Jana @sidetrackd said...

Congrats on winning the Sleepy Wrap! Hope you love it as mush as I love mine!